The Greater Cumberland Committee is incorporated under the laws of the State of Maryland as a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization. Our mission is “to improve the business climate of the greater Cumberland region by organizing its corporate and civic leadership to develop sound solutions to the problems that affect the region’s competitiveness and viability.”
TGCC envisions a vibrant region where:
- Population growth is supported by strategic economic development;
- Natural, cultural and heritage resources are valued and cultivated;
- Educational institutions are poised to provide services to increasing populations;
- Infrastructure investments encourage sustainable development and next generation growth.
TGCC Operating Principles
- Help identify opportunities for collaboration to enhance the quality of life in the region:
- Negotiate broad and sound solutions to community issues;
- Serve as a convener, facilitator, and catalyst for actions that effectively respond to issues of regional relevance.
TGCC’s current membership footprint includes contiguous counties in western Maryland, southwest Pennsylvania and the eastern panhandle of West Virginia. There are multiple membership categories:
- Corporate Council
- Partners in Progress
- Leadership Legacy